One of many classic Yogi Berra quotes.

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Time Heals All Wounds

They say, "Time heals all wounds". I can definitely attest this is true - at least in the case of my runaway outbreak of poison ivy.
Researching poison ivy on the net revealed that for most people, it runs its course in two weeks. In my case, FOUR weeks later, I still have some redness on my arms and chest marking the poison ivy battlefield areas.

Judging by the location and size of the splotches on my arms and chest, it seems that I would have had to climbed a tree coated in poison ivy - something I definitely did not do!

My only conclusion is that I must have gotten it on my clothes - and when I removed my shirt, I dragged the oils along my chest.

A fun fact about the poison ivy oils that cause the skin irritation - it can survive for YEARS on clothing and other objects (shovels, rakes - etc) so if you suspect you contaminated something, best to wash it just in case.

The ironic and tragic end to story is - the cache I had been searching for when I believe I encountered the ivy - was MISSING!
It was all for nothing :-(

Oh well, that which does not kill you, makes you itch...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home