One of many classic Yogi Berra quotes.

Sunday, May 13, 2007

More geocaching fun!

The wife and I have decided to drop our separate geocaching.com accounts and create a joint one - "Team Grey Cat". This was inspired by some of the log book entries I have read in the caches I have seen - primarily by "Team Little Bear". "TLB" has a signature piece, a small rubber teddy bear which they deposit in caches that are large enough for trade items.
Now, we of course want something similar - a small grey cat - in honor of the first cat we got soon after getting married back in 1989.

Since we had no Mothers Day plans (possibly because we have no kids) we decided to get some geocaching in this afternoon - the weather was perfect, almost 70 degrees!

A couple of hours later and TGC now have 4 finds to their credit ;-)

One of the caches we found was approximately a 1/2 mile from our house - so unless you live in a houseboat on the water, the odds are good that there are geocaches to be found near you.

Of the caches we have found so far, I much prefer the isolated ones - isolated from the public's eyes that is. Two of our finds were in very public areas, and I was pretty concious of the people who might be curious what we were doing. I'd hate to be the ones who result in caches being discontinued due to their discovery by muggles! ('Muggles' - being the term for non-geocaching folk natch)

While I do prefer the woodsy finds since I don't have to worry about us being seen, I do have other worries - namely that the bush I just brushed past was poison ivy! If you have never gotten a reaction from poision ivy in your life, the odds are good that you are not allergic to that plant and have nothing to fear from it. I'm so allergic, I can practically break out by just being shown a picture of the plant ;-)

Note to self: Next time try not to wear shorts and sandles when geocaching in the woods...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home